Now Hiring: Copywriter (one year maternity leave)
Looking for an exciting new opportunity to test and grow your skills as a copywriter? Studiothink, one of the largest and most established branding agencies in BC, is hiring a Copywriter to cover a maternity leave at their kickass office in Surrey, BC.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for collaborating with the marketing, design, and development team to create powerful brand stories for start-ups, established brands, and large corporations. If you’re someone who loves learning and doesn’t like being bored, this is the job for you. You will be working on projects in every sector, ranging from animal welfare, home design, and Montessori schools to machining, printing, and manufacturing—and everything in-between.
You take writing seriously. You have a couple well-loved books on grammar and whenever the Oxford comma comes up, you have something to say. Your writing and editing skills are exceptional, and you’re not afraid to get out your red pen when needed, even if it means correcting our Creative Director.? ?
You bring ideas to life with words, whether you’re creating a story from scratch or retrofitting an existing one. You’re an idea person, always bringing a new perspective to the table and you dig deep to understand a clients business.
You are open to new ideas and know that feedback helps you grow and thrive. You believe in collaboration and know that two minds are better than one.
You have experience with SEO and digital marketing, creating powerful copy that drives users to convert.
You are known for your amazing organization skills, and are able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with ease. No matter what your day holds, you can juggle between client meetings, website copy, social media post creation, brainstorming sessions, and a constant flow of internal and external emails and communication.
A day in the life at Studiothink will require you to juggle multiple projects and clients across a wide range of industries. You must be extremely organized and driven while functioning under the pressure of deadlines.
You will be working closely with an amazing team, and will be collaborating on projects, presenting to clients, and offering advice, input, and ideas that drive the company forward. You have great attention to detail, amazing communication skills, both verbal and written, and most importantly, a positive can-do attitude that motivates those around you.
As our next Studiothinker, you are an exceptional and passionate marketer, but you are also passionate about the people, the direction and the vision of the company. You believe in and exemplify our 10 Core Values.
Benefits include extended medical and dental, 3 weeks vacation, a free wine bottle opener (we know that’s the deal clincher) and unlimited coffee, beer and wine.
Job Winning Traits
? Believes in and exemplifies our 10 Core Values.
- 2+ years of experience in a creative copywriting role (agency, design, or in-house studio or marketing department) with knowledge of digital marketing and SEO
- A curious mind that allows you to develop a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Idea person with a passion for brainstorming new concepts, campaigns, headlines, and directions for brands
- Advanced skills in MS Office, GoogleDocs, Adobe Acrobat, and email, and ability to learn our new apps and software
- Able to handle deadlines and stress, and thrive working on a multitude of projects
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A genuine interest in continuously expanding your knowledge and learning new skills
- Great work ethic and a desire to find a “home” with an agency
- You are probably the type who will get a lot of use out of ‘Unwined,’ our wine, whisky, and coffee bar
- If you live in the suburbs, bonus points
Yo, copywriter. Want to work here? Dazzle us with your custom written cover letter, salary expectations and resume sent in PDF format only.